Sunday, May 25, 2014

                                                                          
                                                       Back from Tanzania...

     I love the picture above....it is my six-year-old grandson, Ezra, on his last morning in Tanzania in 2014.  Each year he goes with his family to Iringa, TZ from January till around May when they return to the States. As my daughter-in-law, Linda, noted "he is already a TCK."  She should know since she was born in Sierra Leone.  Of course, Ez's sister, Indigo, is also a TCK.  Ez is six and has already been to Africa five times.

   I have another granddaughter, Emmanuelle (Emma), who lives in Beersheva, Israel.  She has already made one trip to visit John and I, (her grandparents) in America and she will only turn one on July 17th!  Will she come to American enough to visit that she will be considered a TCK?  Most likely not...

     But my other two grandchildren, Evangeline (Evie) and Malachi, just like my own children were born in the good ol' USA.
 
     My daughter, Phoebe, and her husband, Greg, have applied to adopt children from Colombia but are still waiting.  If that does happen, I will have grandchildren who are TCK's...

     All four of my children were born in Oswego, New York and never did I imagine that my children would leave Oswego for "far away places..."  But I truly believe they are living where God wants them so a deep joy comes from that.  And a gratefulness for the times when I do see them!  And now I know that just because Evie and Mal were born in Maryland and Indiana, they could still end up in upstate NY!  God is always full of surprises:)






     

     

    

No comments: