Friday, September 24, 2010

The Kindle is here....

As I mentioned in my previous blog, I got my husband a kindle (ebook reader) for his birthday! And I think he is finding it fascinating...as am I. He is already reading a
book on it and learning the ins and outs of navigating it. What a difference it will
most likely make in the world. We have books falling all over in our house and soon that
will not be the case. And for the younger generation I guess they will have virtual books except for a few. I keep thinking that I wish in one way I was younger because it boggles my mind to think how so much of our society is going to change including education for our chilren. And colleges and tuition. So much will be so different...

John will most likely have his ebook "out there" by the beginning of next week. That is
quite mindboggling. This will not affect just books but already is affecting newspapers and in a strange way, even mail delivery. So much like ebooks are being done online....just like this blog...which enables regular people to connect with readers in cyberspace that we may never meet or know in person.

1 comment:

Terri Tiffany said...

I didn't realize you were still blogging! Thinking about you and your new grandbaby! Is it here yet?