Thursday, May 1, 2008

Colorado......here ....we .....come!

Hard to believe that in a week we will be flying to CO to see Eli and Linda, my son and daughter-in-law as well as our by then five month old grandson, Ezra. We will get to visit with them for four and a half days and then we head to the writers conference in Estes Park, CO. John, my husband, as well as my son, Ethan, will be attending. I go regularly to the Christian Writers Conference in Montrose, PA each summer since we live there but John rarely attends (even though his cousin's wife, Patti Souder, is the director). He does come to eat dinner however! But this time John is finishing up a novel, Earth Is Not Alone, and I've talked him into coming to get inspired and learn more about such subjects as marketing, etc. Plus Ethan has just begun writing articles for a website on Hebraic roots and is also interested in fiction so he is planning to attend a special fiction workshop. It's so neat that the visit and the conference can go together and I get to share it with my family!

Tonight the conference director emailed tentative nonfiction clinic book proposals from those in the class (I'm one of them.) It was kind of shocking to think that this is coming quickly. Right now I'm sort of buried in other things.....like trying to get our taxes together and mailed by next week. And a couple of miles away a huge brushfire is threatening a housing development not far from where I live. It's so good to know the One who is in control when life seems a little out of control!

Hopefully I will accomplish a lot in this intervening week and then .......Colorado here I (we) come!

1 comment:

Terri Tiffany said...

I am so excited for you! Especially you get to see your grandson then go to the conference and get inspired about your writing!!