Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Great week!

This has really been the best week of the summer weather-wise. Summer people have left the lake but quite a few are still here. It's in the 80's, sunny and warm but not humid and actually
perfect. So I've had a little conflict. Do the writing I promised myself or spend time outside? Add to that the convention on television. I've compomised. I have been swimming an hour almost every day this week. And John and I are reading a book together out loud so we have done that sitting by the lake. We actually had to go to the "big city" (Vestal, NY) yesterday but we raced through our errands so we could get back and spend time in the out-of-doors. Supposedly one more pretty day and then Hurricane Hanna will bring rain up our way.

Yesterday I got a rejection for an article I had emailed back in 2007 so it was nice just to hear one way or the other. I said that I would mention the article I emailed in yesterday's blog. The editor said it had potential and has given me till Monday to improve it and email it back so we shall see. I also wrote another article and emailed it in also .....but today I just worked around the house. Lots to catch up on. But tomorrow I hope to get back to writing. All in all it's been such a great week between the weather and the writing that I wish it wasn't Friday already..

2 comments:

~joanna said...

Hi Karen, I'm so glad you've been enjoying the gorgeous weather and finding time to write articles, too. The "rejection" letter actually sounds quite hopeful, with the editor's request that you tweak and resubmit it. Way to go!

Ethan said...

Gosh, I'm envious. I REALLY wish I was there at Heart Lake now! Oh well. Maybe next year. And you don't have to choose between writing and being outside! Your laptop works everywhere :-)