Sunday, September 7, 2008

Satisfaction!

Today our church which meets at a Bible conference met for the first time on its NEW property.
It worked out as well as it could. The rain stopped at just the right time. The land is absolutely beautiful and it was so exciting to picture all the possibilities for our congregation. It was a wonderful day of praise and worship and then a message about what we have to offer....JESUS!
This was pretty needed since Susquehanna County is in the middle of an explosion of companies seeking to lease land since a huge abundance of natural gas is here. With so many people (friends of ours) expecting to get pretty wealthy, it was good to be brought back to basics. Especially since there has not been much employment for people around here and this will bring in employment. Anyway our focus was put back on the Lord and you couldn't help but acknowledge Him in that setting. Afterwards we had a fantastic potluck lunch with hot dogs provided. Lots to be praying about and to be thankful for!

Now to writing. I'm supposed to keep to my blog subject ....I just sent in my revision of the article that I mailed in last week. I'm assuming if it is not satisfactory, I will get it returned to me very shortly. But if they decide to deliberate, it could be December before I will know anything for sure. But it was fun to work on it and improve it and finally send it in. A deadline always helps. I want to set some goals for this week as other friends who seem to accomplish a great deal in their writing tell me it is because they set goals and then accomplish them. I will set some small ones for this week but I will have goals....hopefully some short-term ones and some long term ones!

1 comment:

Terri Tiffany said...

And I hope you set some!! Even if it means writing an hour a day--you have such an awesome place to do it!!