Sunday, October 11, 2009

Poems

This week Eli wrote a new poem for the Golden Goblets....a poetry collection of funny poems my family has been writing for children. He was hoping to inspire us once again. We write them in fits and spurts. The new one was called "Cobweb Head." I like it a lot.

Since I didn't post this summer I forgot to say that Focus on the Family Clubhouse Jr. published John's poem entitled The Lost Bible this past July. It is a long poem based on 2 Kings 22 and 23.
It is about King Josiah. John wrote eight of the stanzas but I actually helped him write the last three stanzas when Clubhouse said they needed an "ending" to the poem and John was busy. So that poem is special to me. Yesterday John wrote a new article for Torah class on the website and is waiting for me to edit it. As time goes on, I get more confident in my editing abilities.

Right now John is watching the Phillies play the CO Rockies in the playoffs. He is wanting the Rockies to win even though we live and love it in PA. Tomorrow (Columbus Day) we will finish our Art Tour. I am also about to print out the players for the NBA as we have our draft coming up on Oct. 25. Time is going too fast....

No comments: