Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Little writing this weekend...

I feel very fortunate to live in Montrose, PA. It is a beautiful, small town and I love it. In fact,
not trying to be morbid, my husband and I plan to buy burial plots here. (It's nice that our small
group is led by a local funeral director!) But the land is so pretty around here. I even love the harshness of the winter months. It makes the beauty of the summer seem so much more vibrant.

We not only have a wonderful church here but we also have a Bible conference. This coming weekend is the quilt retreat. Interestingly enough, nine people from my old home town (over thirty years....Oswego, NY) will be attending the quilt retreat. That's an added treat besides getting to quilt. I'll get to visit and catch up. But it does mean not much writing will happen this
weekend.

The Bible Conference is quite busy. The quilt retreat will be in one building but in another the local homeschoolers will be meeting for their Thanksgiving feast. My husband will be doing some readings of his future book and is looking forward to it.

Rarely a dull moment in Montrose....

1 comment:

Terri Tiffany said...

Hope you had a wonderful time catching up with all your friends at the quilt retreat! You will come away with wondeful stories to write. No time is wasted making memories!