Monday, November 17, 2008

Progress made...by others!

Although I haven't gotten a lot done re writing due to being at a quilt retreat, members of my family have accomplished a great deal. My husband and middle son are sort of in the same stage. John has finished his book except for small details and then proofing it and my middle son has finished his dissertation except for all the extras. Meaning graphs, pictures, footnotes ...all that kind of picky stuff. But I am really proud of them and inspired also.

A lot of that type of writing is just actual "sit in the chair" work that I struggle with. I'm always
jumping up and down to go do my supposedly more urgent work. But I think even this late in
life, I'm beginning to change and work more diligently.

But I do have to write an article for the Beacon. That is the church newsletter of Oswego Alliance Church. We attended that church from its inception (meaning when it was only a group
of believers meeting in a Bible study) and were still in Oswego for its 25th anniversary. It has since had its 30th anniversary and we now live in PA. But nine quilters came to Montrose for the quilt retreat. I've been asked to write an article for their newsletter telling about the quilt retreat and how it started and then updating them on our lives. The Lord uses many different types of writing for His Work and this is one that I will enjoy writing. I have to email it by Thursday so should get to work.

No comments: