Monday, November 10, 2008

November 10 - Veterans Day - and time to revise

John and I are watching a war movie on tv that has to do with Veteran's Day! (Pearl Harbor)....
I've actually seen it before. It actually snowed today. We have been busy and before I know it, Thanksgiving will be here. Last Sat. my daughter-in-law, Linda, and grandson, Ezra, were in
Houghton, NY and we drove up there for a visit. In two days there is a quilt retreat at the Bible conference here. I am getting some writing done and John is getting a great deal of work done also.

I received two emails today telling me that two articles had been received. There is always hope for the future but I won't hear about them for a while. In the meantime, John basically has his book finished and it is in the hands of proofreaders. He stil had to do the back page and the illustrations have to be completed by Dominic Catalano. But John is getting excited about it. This Friday he is giving a reading for some of the local homeschoolers. I have a number of new articles to work on but I also have some old articles that I need to revise. Sometimes I just want to go on to new things instead of taking the time to revise. However one of the main lessons I have learned this year is that many articles could really be made publishable if I would take the time to rewrite and revise. That for me is the hard part of writing but I'm learning it is also the most satisfying as I get into the article.

No comments: